10:00 am in the Sanctuary, September - June
Experience worship that lifts your heart with organ and choir, engages your mind with scripture and sermon, and invigorates your spirit with prayer and meditation. 10am worship at Village Church follows a weekly pattern that provides structure for a dynamic and unique worship every Sunday. Services include:
- Rich organ music and choir;
- Both traditional and contemporary hymns;
- An open and affirming welcome no matter where you are on life’s journey;
- Communal prayers of confession and words of assurance;
- Passing of the peace, to greet one another in the spirit of Christ;
- A scripture reading and a sermon;
- Sharing of celebrations and concerns during the prayers of the people;
- An offering of our resources, time, and prayers;
- A benediction to send us off into our weeks and our world.
Through it all, the large, clear windows that open out from our Sanctuary into the center of Wellesley remind us that when we worship, we don’t insulate ourselves from the world, but rather open ourselves to the needs, the hurts, and the joys of the wider community of which we are a part.
After worship, all are invited to Fellowship Hour, where both members and visitors are greeted warmly over a cup of coffee. An information table is available for visitors wishing to learn more about Village Church.
Children attend the beginning of Second Worship with their families, then are invited to leave for church school after the scripture is read.
During select services throughout the year, Second Worship includes special elements such as baptizing both children and adults, receiving new members into our covenant, and commissioning groups as they depart for service projects.
We share Communion at 10am Worship on the first Sunday of every month. On Communion Sundays, pastors and deacons are available to bring Communion to those who, due to disability or personal situation, may not be able to make it to church.