9:00 am in the Chapel, September - June
Rise an hour early and join an intergenerational group of worshipers in a service filled with music and practices that combine ancient elements with a fresh perspective:
- The ringing of the hour to usher us into the worship experience;
- Contemporary hymns and music, engaging a wide variety of instruments and styles;
- An open and affirming welcome no matter where you are on life’s journey;
- Communal prayers of confession;
- Words of assurance and a remembrance of our baptism through the sprinkling of water;
- A scripture reading and a brief message;
- Lighting candles to lift up our prayers to God;
- An offering of our resources to support the ministries of the church;
- Communion served every Sunday, received while gathered together around a common table;
- A sung benediction to send us off into our weeks and our world.
Children are invited to participate in this service in whatever form that takes for them. We explain that during this time, “we talk a little more softly and walk a little more quietly.” Sometimes, that means that children participate fully in our singing, prayers, and communion; other times, it means that a child will sit on the floor drawing pictures while sipping on a juice box.
Members of the ninth-grade Confirmation class serve as ushers and share in the leadership of this service. We believe it is pleasing to God (and it is certainly pleasing to us!) when we gather for worship as a whole, intergenerational family.
A light breakfast is available in Village Common before worship, starting at 8:30.