Each year Wellesley Village Church, along with other greater Framingham/Natick area churches, generously support the goals of National Diaper Need Awareness Week by either hosting a diaper drive or promoting a financial support campaign to benefit The Diaper Project at A Place To Turn.
We hope you will participate September 27 – October 3 to help keep babies clean, dry and healthy.
The Diaper Project provides families in financial distress with up to 1 week of diapers every 30 days to keep them clean, dry, and healthy.
- Up to 3,000 families in Natick and Framingham alone struggle to buy diapers.
- WIC and food stamp programs don’t cover the cost of diapers.
- A family needs up to $100 a month for diapers per child.
- Many parents are forced to re-use diapers or leave their child in a soiled diaper longer than appropriate.
- Many families have to decide between food, medicine, and clean babies.
- Without diapers, babies cannot attend daycare or early childhood programs.
- The most requested sizes include 5, 6 and 4T-5T pull-ups for boys and girls.
Thank you for your support!