Pre-K & Kindergarten
Our preschool and kindergarten classes are located on the upper floor. Children are welcomed in their classrooms before 10:00 Worship and remain in the classroom for the entire service.
Our preschool and kindergarten classes are comprised of beginning activities (attendance sign-in, coloring, play-doh, free play), circle time with a Bible story, a craft or activity, snack time (graham crackers and apple juice—gluten free is available upon request), and free play. Children should be picked up promptly at the conclusion of worship.
The preschool and kindergarten curriculum is Deep Blue A Weekly Adventure Through the Bible
Deep Blue incorporates Bible stories, science activities, arts and crafts, animated video storytelling, and active games into a faith experience that will help children discover what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ today! (DeepBlueKids.com)
Scope and Sequence
- Josheph and His Brothers. God is with us whereever we go.
- The Baby in the Bastket. We remember God's powerful acts.
- Ten Commandments. God cares for all people.
Winter 2017 – 18:
- Jesus' Story. We celebrate th birth of Jesus.
- Talk with the Teachers. Jesus is God's Son.
- The Good Samaritan. Parables teach us about God's love.
- Zaccaeus. Jesus shows us how to love each other.
- Alleluia! We celebrate Jesus.
- Peter and Tabitha. Like Peter, we can tell the good news about Jesus.
Scope and sequence from Cokesbury.com