Gifts to Wellesley Village Church support the infrastructure that make our community whole, which includes the many ministries of our church – from dynamic worship to transformative youth programs, from engaging adult education to innovative service opportunities.
- The pastoral residency program, which attracts national and international candidates to apply for a two-year stint as a first call at Village Church
- Village Table feeding program, which creates, packages and distributes hundreds of meals a month for anyone in need
- A robust music and choral program, led by three accomplished musicians who sustain a senior choir, a youth choir, a children’s choir, and a Village Church band
- Youth and children’s programming that offers compelling religious education that meets children wherever they may be
- A multiplicity of ways to grow, worship, and experience God, whether online or in person, for every stage of life
Gifts also make it possible for Village Church to support our partner organizations, including:
- Family Promise Metrowest, a program for families without a home to help get them on their feet again
- Hoops & Homework, the Framingham Housing Authority’s after-school program
- A Better Chance, Wellesley, which strives to give girls from underserved areas access to Wellesley High School and academic and social support in supervised residency
- End Hunger New England, which seeks to put an end to food insecurity
- Rosie’s Place, a Boston shelter for women and their families
- For His Children, a home for children who have been abandoned, neglected or abused in Ecuador
At Wellesley Village Church, we have many reasons to celebrate: a true community of welcome and support, a compelling vision for a vigorous future, a beautiful church home with inspiring spaces, a proud history as an open and affirming congregation, and a shared desire to faithfully serve the world in which we live. Together, we can and will grow through the gifts we share with each other and with Village Church.
You may make your gift by mailing your check to the church, give by text, or transfer securities. Here are some options:
Give by Text
Text “WVC” and “dollar amount” to: 73256 and follow prompts.
Give or Pledge Online
You may set up a profile with a login that will allow you to track your giving.
Or you may pledge your gift here.
Email Christine Toppin if you have questions or need help.
Give by Check
Make checks out to Wellesley Village Church and send to:
Wellesley Village Church
2 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Donation of publicly traded securities you have held for more than one year—such as stocks, bonds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and mutual funds—may be a tax-advantaged way to donate to the church. You potentially eliminate the capital gains tax you would incur if you sold the securities yourself and donated the proceeds. What’s more, if you itemize deductions on your tax return instead of taking the standard deduction, you may claim a fair market value charitable deduction for the tax year in which the gift is made. Check with your tax accountant and/or brokerage firm for further details.
Contact our church accountant, Marina Berga for instructions on how to transfer securities to the church.
Some employers match employee charitable contributions, usually up to a certain maximum (some employers that do this do not match donations to religious organizations). If your employer has such a program, be sure to check if your donation to the church qualifies, and, if so, apply for a matching gift.