If Easter at Wellesley Village Church taught us anything, it is that we yearn to be together. The question is what should our priorities be as we emerge from our socially distant existence. Sign up for a series of three “Vision 2021” sessions as we reflect on:
Session 1: Where are we now?
Session 2: Where do we want to be?
Session 3: How do we get there?
Some groups will gather in person; and others will gather on Zoom. You select what you feel most comfortable with.
Sign up for the 3-session time slot that fits your schedule:
1. Sundays, 11am (May 2, 9, and 16)
2. Sundays, 7pm (May 2, 9, and 16)
3. Wednesdays, 10am, with in-person option (May 5, 12, and 19)
4. Wednesdays, 7pm, with in-person option (May 5, 12, and 19)
5. Saturdays, 9am (May 8, 15, and 22)
During each session, small groups will build upon what we learned from Vision 2020 and reflect on what has been accomplished during an astonishing year of resilience and creativity.
- Vision 2020 called for creativity in worship. Pre-recorded video, livestreaming, Zoom, music, art, photography and new partnerships, conceived out of COVID, brought forth extraordinary creativity.
- Vision 2020 called for more impact in the community. Village Table organized dozens of volunteers and produced thousands of meals for those in need in the broader metro area.
- Vision 2020 called for more robust uses of our outdoor spaces. Our churchyard and exterior spaces have never been used more fully for worship, vigils, music, youth groups, shows of community support, and fellowship – now populated by inviting rainbow-colored chairs for anyone to use.
- Vision 2020 called for more communication. A clearer, more easily navigated, more visual website was born.